Tuesday 29 July 2014

12 - Post School Stuff

The following shots represent a 'random' collection of photos and other materials that have been sent to us . . . we especially like random, so please keep them coming!

From John Urbaniak

Postal Clerk Training School 1974 - John Urbaniak back row 1st on left, Michael Nunn back row far right

Married Susan Brennan 23 February 1980


From Peter Pascoe

[Thanks Peter - all the photos are now fixed)

Peter Working Hard at Retirement

Peter's Big Bash

Peter and Family
Peter Striking Gold

From Leda Noterangelo

Leda at Her Previous School

Lorraine Phillips

We all noted that Lorraine Phillips and that young reprobate from Narembeen, Ray Wilson, 'nicked off' late on Saturday afternoon and that they came back with a very dirty car . . . perhaps they went parking at the 'gravel pit'??  Can we please have a photo that either confirms or denies this rumour?


From Ian Dalton 

Ann and Ian

What about a few words about yourself Ian?  We already know you are doing some great work on the Council and that you are an innovative farmer . . . what else?


From Ron Clarkson

What about a word or two about yourself Ron?



From Lorraine Perry

Ready to Party at 60!

Lorraine Perry's Alter Ego
From Kylie Whitehead

Kylie Whitehead & Daughter Briege at Graduation
From Clyde Bant

From Lance Williams



Here is  a of shot of me committing  self-torture in the Singapore Ironman event.

10 items eh?  Well  here goes:
  • My wife Pamela  and  I have 4  kids  all grown up now  and  we have 15 grand children 9 biological
  • We are self-employed  and I sometimes do an occasional shift at the Esperance Hospital as a P.C.A or Orderly
  • Love mostly  country music  and  classical ' listen to it mostly on my  IPod  when I am training  for either  Ultra distance trail marathon racing or triathlons which I am equally just as passionate about
  • Food - sea food and eating it!!    
  • Fight with my weight all the time
  • Love Esperance - it's a great place to live and I never tire of the scenery here
  • When I left school I joined the Navy and also did a stint in the Army
  • As a civvy later I found working for myself has been the way to go
That's not 10 items, but close enough.

That's it - life as I know it just the normal 'slog slog', but not bad.

From Susan Butler



  • Proud mother of two daughters: Sarah (35) and Leah (34) and equally proud Nanna of Michael (16) and Angela (11) - (Leah's two children) and almost one more grand-daughter (Sarah's first and the reason I am not at this Re-union!)
  • Love 'being there' for my kids and grandkids, spending time with them and seeing the world through their eyes
  • I enjoy the arts - especially writing, art, photography, music and theatre
  • I am currently pulling together my Mum's story for our family
  • I enjoy trying my hand at various forms of art and learning new techniques - mainly pastels, and oils so far. I love going to art exhibitions.  My favourite artists are Van Gogh and Monet and Renoir
  • As for theatre, I especially loved seeing Wicked in London, with my daughter and really enjoy West End quality shows.  I really like that so many great quality shows are now coming to Perth
  • I love listening to music from around the world, especially piano-based 'easy listening'.  Like Enya, Bee Gees, Stevie Nicks, Pink Floyd, Paul Kelly, Bob Marley; classical music; light opera.  I currently teach Angela the piano
  • My passion is scenic photography and travel.  I enjoy creating photo books of our travels.  I plan an on learning how to take good portraits.  I love travelling in Oz and overseas, seeing new sights for real (not just pictures or documentaries!) and living in other cultures briefly - but there is no place like home!
  • Love discovering new cousins, and found one two streets away in Mt Helena only recently!
  • Enjoy helping others get the best out of life; like caring for an autistic young man
  • Love my white cat Maui and adore my little Pixie - part ragdoll tortoise shell kitty cat as well as my screeching weiros; my finches and my white fluffy silky bantams
  • Enjoy walks in the bush and the immeasurable peace of isolation; the sound of Kookaburras laughing; magpies warbling; wind in the trees; the sound of thunderstorms; the smell of first rains on the dry earth; the warmth of winter sun
  • Watch very little TV, though I enjoy A Place to Call Home I and Downtown Abbey. I love Black Books.  Dylan Moran is hilarious.  Going to see Bill Bailey when he comes to Perth.  I enjoy QI and quirky humour
  • I am an unbelievable keeper of random memorabilia!



From Mike Kilkenny

Attached is our latest family photo taken a few months ago.  Our family is spread from the Whitsundays to Melbourne so these photos are rare. From the back left Laurie (son in-law) Shannon (daughter 31) Mike, front left Mark (son in-law) Brooke (daughter 29) Karen, Brenton (son 26).

Moya Hobley's 60th Birthday

Anne Arlidge, Kerry Harman, Moya Hobley, Linda Giles


1 comment:

  1. A totally random happy coincidence!


    Susan Butler's 60th : My 60th Birthday cake was made by Pa's Patisserie which is in Swan View, near Midland. I learnt that Gary Harman, Kerry's brother, I think, and his family own the shop. Gary's wife made and decorated the cake - a yummy chocolate mud cake! Gary and Kerry's parents owned the Bakery in Bruce Rock when we were kids! Such a small world! I have a photo but don't know how to share it!!

    ReplyDelete