Wednesday 30 July 2014

5 - Roll Call & Greetings

Classmates slowly gathered around the Shire Hall carrying various food offerings which provided a wonderful spread for morning tea.  Thankfully name badges had been organised and within about ten minutes it was hard to get a word in edgeways . . .

Linda Giles, Peter Fletcher, Kerry Harman, John Hanlon, Lorraine Perry, Peter Pascoe
Greg Rutherford, Lorraine Phillips, Ray Wilson
Tony Martin, Leda Noterangelo, Neil Chapam

Greetings From Absent Classmates & Teachers

From Moya Hobley 

Hi Kylie

Sorry unable to come to the reunion.  I am off to Europe on 25th July for a Scenic River Cruise and then a 308km walk across England and shall return in September.  I have been retired for 5 years.  My husband and I travel a fair bit, walk, swim and cycle.  We are backwards and forwards between Perth and Busselton.

As you have heard, I am still in touch with Linda Giles and Kerry Harman.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
Moya Hobley 
____________________________________________________________

From George Macrides
(Years 4 & 7 Teacher) 

Kylie

Sorry I will not be with you all for the gathering.

Please give my apology and very best wishes to everyone.  Have a great fun weekend. I have fond memories of you all and my early days at Bruce Rock.

Cheers
George Macrides 
____________________________________________________________

From Greg Keamy 

Hi Kylie

Thank you so much for the update & review of the event.  So sorry I couldn't be with you all... sitting here between flights checking out the names on yr list... A whole heap of memories there! I will get u some info on me to include in the booklet.

Cheers & well done you!!!
Greg Keamy xx 
____________________________________________________________

From Max Homewood
(Year 5 Teacher) 

Hi Kylie

When we looked at our commitments for next two weeks we won’t be able to make the “ROCK”.  Please pass on my best wishes to all.

Max 
____________________________________________________________

From Hilary Butler

Hi Kylie

Thanks you for your emails and updates.

Unfortunately I will not be joining you for your weekend of reminiscing, fun & frivolity.  Hope that it all goes well and will look forward to any pics that are floating around.

I will be catching up with Lorraine when I get back so am sure she will fill me in with all the details.

Cheers
Hilary 
____________________________________________________________

From Lance Williams 

Hi Kylie

Unfortunately I can't make it up on the weekend due to a work hick up.  I do regret this as I was looking forward to catching up with you guys.  Hopefully the event can be on again in the future and I could make it then.  I hope it all goes well.

Regards
Lance 
____________________________________________________________

From Mike Kilkenny 

Hi Kylie and Greg

Hope everything's going well for your re-union.  We're disappointed that we can't make it, particularly Mike.  We're managing a caravan park in North Queensland (Bowen) at the moment for the next few months so can't make any other plans.

Enjoy the re-union and I'm sure Mike will ring you after the event for his 're-union' of sorts.

On his behalf, please say hi to everyone.

Regards
Karen and Mike Kilkenny

____________________________________________________________

From Sue Butler
And Sue expressed her greeting in verse . . .

Hi ya Kylie!!

Twas the night before last 
when you again crossed my mind
in beautiful footprints
from the email last time
And as the day gave way to night
I just knew I'd hear from you
before the day was out!!

Congrats on pulling together a fine show
with you and Greg, till midnight 
the fun and laughs will flow

Only one thing may get in the way
of me being there to share
jokes and memories abundant
with whoever else is there

My eldest daughter is preggos right now
and what's the bet
she'll arrive on the due date
27th - which for want of a better time
in July
clashes with your well-planned event!!

Ah well, no worries
will take it as it comes
no doubt her bub 
will arrive sooner 
and be in our arms

So I gather one's hubby can come along too?
he has to rescue me from mother and brother (lol)
for me to see my old crew!! 

Just one more name I'll throw in the mix
Irene Bristow .... 
though no idea where she lives

And with this ultra corny little rhyme
now done and dusted
I'll leave you both
to carry right on

Forgive the above.....
it is not truly representative of actual talent
Just a little bit o' fun!!





No comments:

Post a Comment